CANDIDATES WHO WANT TO VOLUNTEER IN GHANA WITH VACDA-GHANA SHOULD READ THE INFORMATION BELOW VERY CAREFULLY.
- The volunteer should be open-minded to work with children and youth. It’s necessary for the volunteers to be sociable and outgoing, to have enthusiasm, and to be tolerant to foreign cultures .They should be able to interact well with different groups of people. An enthusiastic, responsible and flexible attitude towards the work is very important. Volunteers should be able to get easily in touch with the staff member.. Candidates should describe their motivation for a voluntary service in this project in a detailed motivation letter. Important are neither national or social background, gender, language skills nor level of education, but a convincingly motivation.
- Candidates should send us their CV and fill in the questionnaire they will find in the attachment or can get from the coordinator upon request. Candidatures should be sent directly to the e-mail address of the coordinator
- Volunteers have to be over 18 years old and in good health conditions.
- Volunteer should be able to communicate in English well.
Our program fee is affordable to enable you participate in developing the projects. The program participation fee varies with specific project, but is usually 70 USD per week. However, it varies with the partner organization through which the volunteer is applying. The participation fee will be utilized for the following expense line; Administrative Costs, Accommodation in (during Orientation and Evaluation) and meals while in the project. Please contact us or our partners to know the exact required program fee.
NB: The participation fee includes Airport picking and Fares to and from the project
Volunteers should be motivated to work, having a healthy curiosity and a capacity to listen and learn. Moreover, a certain sense of responsibility and the ability of an autonomous way of life are required.
Our principal agenda as an organization is to encourage intercultural exchange by working together, aspiring that every volunteer, as an autonomous part of the community, finds his/her personal role in daily life.
LONG TERM PROJECTS: These are specifically designed to give volunteers an opportunity to develop and promote their skills and services and in the process serving and promoting the development of the hosting community structures.
DURATION: These projects last for a period of 1-12 months.
PROJECT NAME: ROYAL SCHOOL COMPLEX
Royal school complex is a school situated at Breman Kuntanase in the Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa district in the central region of Ghana. The school was established to help the poor and vulnerable disadvantage children who at their school going age but do not go to school. The vulnerable school-goers include orphans children who hail from single parent households, impoverished homesteads and the destitute.
This is to help their parents go to farm to work freely without carrying their children on their back to farm. Farming is widely practiced for small scale farming of maize, beans, cocoa, cassava, plantain, orange and vegetables in the community. The school is currently have enrollment of 362 children both boys and girls between the ages 2 to 11 years.
Vision: To fight poverty through making education affordable for all
Mission: To ensure quality education for rural poor child
- Volunteers will have the opportunity to undergo basic childcare with the qualified Staff in the project.
- They will assist with teaching Aids for Crèche, Nursery and Kindergarten. (e.g.: Numbers/Alphabet/ Music.)
- Volunteers will assist teachers in preparation for classes, Assist teaching and care.
Also, to participate in school program.
- They will help to organize sporting activities (Occasional)
- Attending training program (Occasional)
- Taking care of the children.
- Playing with the children and keeping them safe.
- Helping to prepare snakes for the children during break time
- Helping student who need special care or attention in some related subject class.
- And helping to tidy up the School compound.Training the kids in creativity through games and doing handicraft work and helping in physical exercises
- Extracurricular activities like sports, music and dance, poems, drama; Community awareness;
- Home visitation; Capacity building
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
The Volunteers should be motivated to work with children, be able to work independent and to bring Enthusiasm and motivation to the project.
The volunteers should be able to speak English or French.
He/she must be creativity, being spontaneous, or to have a musical sense also more than welcome.
As we run the school and the kindergarten environmental friendly, you should be open or have an ecological attitude.
Your working language is simply English! to make it easy to handle the children.
ACCOMMODATION: Volunteers will be accommodated by a host family in the community within a walking distance to the project
MEALS: Meals will be served three times daily by the host family.
REQUIREMENT: The volunteer should be matured, open minded and a team player. Above all the volunteer should have patience or be willing to adopt to certain Ghanaian culture systems during his or her stay.
KUNTANASE COMMUNITY CLINIC: Kuntanase clinic which has ….. – bed clinic with a, A PHARMACY, MATERNITY WARD, MALE AND FEMALE WARD as well as CHILDREN WARD is located at Breman Kuntanase.
Nursing / medical student volunteers may be asked to work in the antenatal/postnatal maternity section of the facility .they would be expected to assist with administrative duties as well, be it updating patients files or recording of current medical data etc. The scope of a nursing/medical student’s experience at this facility is vast and he/she could not only enhance their medical knowledge but also provide assistance in a very worthwhile endeavor.
Family Birthing Centre
Assists nurses and maid –wife at the Kuntanase in care of Family Birthing Centre patients and in maintenance of the unit. Runs errands as needed to: Pharmacy, Mailroom, Central Supply, copy centre, and performs other duties as assigned.
Volunteer requirements / Skills
KUNTANASE COMMUNITY CLINIC is a clinic and it has no special requirements for volunteers. However volunteer who have passion to support / Assist the clinic is always welcome.
A nursing/medical student volunteer would be expected to assist the nursing staff with their duties in the general wards of the facility. Student nurses with previous delivery room experience may be asked to. Preferably volunteers should be able to interact in English and Opening minded and willing to receive people of all ages.
Location : Breman Kuntanase , Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa district , central region.
Volunteers will be accommodated by a host family in the community within a walking distance to the project
All volunteers taking part in this project will be picked from Kotoka International Airport in Accra and stay in Accra before departing to the project. Orientation will take place on..
Number of volunteers: Maximum of 15